You are leaving the AeroVironment, Inc. website and are being directed to a website maintained by a third party that is not related to AeroVironment, Inc. We are not, by referring or linking to such third party website, incorporating its contents. We do not endorse or guarantee, and we disclaim any responsibility for: the content, products or services offered on such linked website, its performance or interaction with your computer, its security and privacy policies and practices, and any consequences that may result from visiting such linked website.
Request A Quote
Ready to attract tenants and add to your long-term property value? Get in touch here.
Installation & Maintenance
An EV charging system from AV is a valuable, low-maintenance, property-enhancing amenity with the potential for dramatically reduced installation costs if the charging stations are considered early in the design process.
Our combined product and service solution is unique in our commitment to customer satisfaction, our meticulous installation process, robust warranty, and state-of-the-art technology.
An Expanding Network of Certified Technicians
AV is the first manufacturer to offer the services of a large network of AV-certified and licensed electrical installers. This approach ensures professional and expedient installation services and exploits the breadth of localized permitting and code knowledge of our growing network. AV’s installer network can readily access a complete inventory of charging units, so there’s minimal waiting for your unit to be shipped once you decide on installation.
AV Customer Support Starts With a Project Assessment
At your personalized assessment, our certified technician will:
- Recommend the Best Products for You. Our assessor and consultants will explain the different AV product options and help you decide which products best suit your specific needs. And remember - our products are durable, weather resistant, virtually maintenance free and ADA compliant.
- Recommend Optimal Locations. You'll also receive location planning and layout recommendations which take into consideration your planned electrical layout, proximity to parking, aesthetic factors, and external issues such as environmental factors.
- Review Charging Basics, Answer Questions. Our technicians are trained to thoroughly review and explain everything you need to know about your new charging system, including the simple user interface, built-in safety features, easy care, warranty, and how to reach our Customer Support team.
- Facilitate Permitting. Our localized technicians also gather all the required information to secure the building permit with the local permit authority.
Professional, Locally-Dispatched Installation
Shortly after your Project Assessment, you'll receive a firm and detailed custom quote for the installation of your unit. Once you approve the quote, the wheels are in motion. Here's what to expect:
- A Fast Appointment: because our installers can access a constant inventory of equipment, you can schedule your installation right away (subject to plan review and permit process). Or, we can coordinate the installation according to your overall construction schedule.
- Done Right the First Time: Installation will be performed to the exact specifications established at the project assessment.
- A Thorough Run-Through: After installation your installer will explain how to read the easy user interface, review the built-in safety features, and show you and your maintenance lead how to plug in and properly stow the connector.
- The Last Detail: Your installer will coordinate final inspection with your building permit authority.
Three-Year Warranty and Full-Service Customer Support Center
The AV charging unit and its installation carry a three year limited warranty, transferrable after the sale of your property. The warranty covers proper use with the Nissan LEAF™ and other J1772-compatible vehicles. If your building should experience any problems with the charger, AV maintains a full service Customer Support Center for immediate help. Most issues can be addressed through the Customer Support Center with simple troubleshooting procedures, but our local technician network is always available if on-site service is needed.
On-The-Spot Fix or Replace: AV's Commitment to Our Customers
If for any reason a charging issue cannot be addressed through our Customer Support Center, AV will dispatch a certified local technician to service or replace the unit on the spot. AV's stated service goal is "100% First Fix," meaning we strive to solve the problem with one appointment. With the help of an industry-unique proprietary diagnostic service tool, our technicians are able to connect an installed charging station to a simulated "EV" in order to quickly pinpoint the source of the problem. Charging errors can be attributed to the utility, vehicle, charging unit, or user error. Our technicians are trained to recognize and troubleshoot each error type. If the issue is identified as a charging unit error, the technician will replace it right then and there. All of our charging stations are field-swappable and because our technician network maintains a local inventory, there's no waiting and no return visit.
No other manufacturer can offer AV's combination of advanced product, extensive installation and service network, and complete customer care.