You are leaving the AeroVironment, Inc. website and are being directed to a website maintained by a third party that is not related to AeroVironment, Inc. We are not, by referring or linking to such third party website, incorporating its contents. We do not endorse or guarantee, and we disclaim any responsibility for: the content, products or services offered on such linked website, its performance or interaction with your computer, its security and privacy policies and practices, and any consequences that may result from visiting such linked website.
Request A Quote
Ready to make EV charging part of your community? Call us for more information.
HOAs & Community Organizations
EVs and Community Organizations
If you belong to a community organization that regulates property upgrades, we offer simple solutions to get your community on board with your new EV charging station. Or, if you are a board member of a community organization, we can help prepare you for the coming of EVs so you know what to expect. Examples of community organizations include:
- Homeowners Associations (HOA)
- Environmental Commissions
- Historical Preservation Societies
- Neighborhood Associations
- Design Review Boards
Community organizations are typically concerned with maintaining the property value, consistency, aesthetic appeal, and/or historical integrity of a community of freestanding single-family homes. AV charging docks and stations can be implemented in community organizations while adhering to CC&Rs or bylaws and with minimal visual impact. We also offer simple consent forms that allow EV drivers to pursue approval from their respective community organizations.
High Value, Low Visual Impact
Many community organizations may easily allow home charging stations that are wall-mounted in the homeowners' garage. Out of sight when the garage door is closed, neighbors and passersby won't even know that there's an EV refueling station on the premises. Moreover, AV's home charging station:
- Has a small foot print
- Features a streamlined, aesthetically pleasing design
- Features tidy cable stowage
- Is easily installed by a licensed electrician over a period of a few hours
- Is listed by the Underwriters' Laboratory (UL) based on its safety and reliability
- Is easily removable and can travel with the homeowner to his or her next property
However, you may want to advise your homeowners' association or community organization for reasons including:
- You opt for a driveway or carport mounting, or any other installation that is visible from the sidewalk or street
- Yours is more complex than the average charging station installation, requiring trenching or after trenching other electrical work that may be visible to or may otherwise affect your neighbors
- You start a petition for a larger or faster "community" charger that can accommodate more than one driver in the community
Downloadable Consent Form is Par for the Course
Our HOA and Community Organization consent form is offered as part of the standard purchase process for all EV drivers who are subject to the regulations of such organizations - making the assessment, ordering, and installation process as simple as possible.
Products for Residences and Communities
Our suite of chargers offers practical charging solutions that embed easily into your home garage with minimum footprint and visual impact. We also offer products that can be used by multiple drivers in a shared condominium garage, or public parking area.
Our product selections include:
- Wall-mounted charging stations for the garage
- Pedestal mounted single charging stations for car ports or driveways
- Pedestal mounted dual configurations for single-row parking spaces
- Pedestal mounted quad configurations for double-row parking spaces
- Smart charging station configurations for smart home integration
- Level 2 and Level 3 charging stations for public (non-assigned) parking areas
Installation with the Community In Mind
Our certified licensed electricians will assess the property with the EV driver and recommend the best products and location for charging. Because every building, project, and housing community is different, AV's site assessment teams can work closely with HOA officers, property managers, community organization board members, and homeowners to identify optimal placement of the charging units - taking into consideration safety, aesthetics, community regulations, and driver convenience. The site assessment, installation, and ongoing maintenance of AV charging equipment is handled exclusively by AV's knowledgeable local network of certified, licensed electrical contractors.